Hawaii’s Unemployment Rate at 2.0 Percent in DecemberPosted on Jan 22, 2018 in News
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
DAVID Y. IGE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 22, 2018
HAWAII’S UNEMPLOYMENT RATE AT 2.0 PERCENT IN DECEMBER
Jobs Increased by 2,100 in December Over November.
HONOLULU — The Hawaii State Department of Labor & Industrial Relations (DLIR) today announced that the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for December was 2.0 percent, compared to the revised rate of 2.1 percent for November. Statewide, 668,600 were employed and 13,550 unemployed in December for a total seasonally adjusted labor force of 682,200. Nationally, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was 4.1 percent in December, the same as in November.
“The revised 2.1 percent rate in November means that the 2.0 percent unemployment rate in December is the historically lowest unemployment rate on record dating back to 1976, under current methodology” said Leonard Hoshijo, Acting DLIR Director.