The Office of Language Access (OLA) provides centralized oversight, coordination, and technical assistance to State agencies (the executive, legislative and judicial branches of Hawai‘i’s state government) and organizations that receive state funding, regarding the implementation requirements of Hawai‘i’s Language Access Law.
The goal of the OLA is to ensure that no person is denied access to State or State-funded services due to their limited ability to speak, read, write or understand the English language.
- Language Access Advisory Council Meeting - Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Director’s Conference Room 320, third floor, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- State Language Access Coordinators’ Meeting - Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Director’s Conference room 320, third floor, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Language Access Advisory Council Meeting - Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Director’s Conference Room 320, third floor, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Governor’s Message No. 1320 - Relating to Language Access ACT 217 (13) Establishes and provides appropriations for a Statewide Language Access Resource Center and Multilingual Website Pilot Project to be administered by the Office of Language Access. Effective July 1, 2013.
- KŪKĀ-KŪKĀ Statewide Community Forums - A joint outreach project of the Office of Language Access, State of Hawaiʻi and the Office for Civil Rights, Region IX, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, in collaboration with the County of Hawaiʻi, Mauʻi communities and the County of Kauaʻi.
- 6th ANNUAL HAWAIʻI CONFERENCE on LANGUAGE ACCESS – Ola Pono – Language Access in the Community Health Setting, Wednesday-Thursday August 7 & 8, 2013 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Hawaiʻi Imin International Conference Center, East-West Center, UH Mānoa campus.