Update – Federal Shutdown has ended

Public Law 113-046 (Continuing Appropriations Act 2014) signed by President Obama on October 17, 2013 continues appropriations through January 15, 2014, thus ending the federal government shutdown, and increases the debt limit through February 7, 2014.

If you are a federal employee and have returned to work, you can stop filing your weekly claim certification. If you have already cashed an unemployment check for the furlough weeks and you will also be getting a paycheck for those weeks from your federal employer, then it is an overpayment and you will be contacted by your local claims office to resolve this overpayment.

How do I cancel my unemployment claim?

If you were not paid unemployment benefits, you may elect to withdraw your claim by completing form UC-275, “REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF CLAIM”.   Mail, fax or email the completed form to your local claims office.