Resources for Laid-Off & Displaced Workers
The Department of Labor & Industrial Relations Rapid Response team is assembled to assist you in understanding the procedures you must follow to obtain benefits under the various employment laws. See below for more information.
Please check back for updates.
A Handbook for Hawaiʻi’s Workers: Next Steps After Job Loss
Information on Unemployment Insurance
- Making Home Affordable (MHA) is a free federal government program of the Departments of the Treasury and Housing and Urban Development designed to provide assistance to homeowners struggling to make their mortgage payments.
- Handbook on Unemployment Benefits
- Filing for unemployment insurance ONLINE
- Unemployment Insurance Forms
- FAQ’s on Unemployment Insurance
- Volunteer Internship Program (VIP)
- Hirenet Hawaiʻi-Largest job database for the state
- Job Fairs
- One Stop Centers
- Career Evaluation Centers
- Handbook for Hawaiʻi’s Workers (Source: Career Kokua)
- Video: How to Make Your Job Transition A Success
- Volunteer Worker Survey Form-Help us make our employer services better by filling out this form!
- Managing Job Loss and Financial Stress: A Personal and Family Guide
Also find additional information in the following areas: