Page Not Found
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Use the search below to find what you were looking for.
- State Announces Reduction in Unemployment Taxes for 2014Improved Rates Projected to Save Employers $300 per Employee HONOLULU — The Hawaii State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (DLIR) today announced that Unemployment Insurance tax rates for 2014 will be reduced 35 percent on average, resulting in employers paying $130 million less in taxes, or $300 less per employee on average for 2014. […]
- Affordable Care Act Delay Does NOT Affect Obligations Under Hawaii’s Prepaid Health Care ActHONOLULU — The Hawaii State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (DLIR) is reminding small businesses that the delay in federally required online enrollment under the Affordable Care Act does not pertain to Hawaii and does not change employer obligations under the Hawaii Prepaid Health Care Act. To read the full release click here.
- PEO Registration Pursuant to Act 174 (SLH, 2013)Registrations are now being accepted for PEOs pursuant to Act 174. Pertinent materials can be downloaded from the following links: PEO Info Notice PEO Application (Rev. 4-14-14) PEO Bond Form PEO Client List Form For more information on the current registration requirements and how to register, or on any registration requirement changes that resulted from the amendments […]
- Hawaii’s Unemployment Rate at 4.4% in OctoberLeisure & Hospitality, Construction Sectors Lead Job Growth HONOLULU — The Hawaii State Department of Labor & Industrial Relations today announced that the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for October was 4.4 percent, up from 4.3 percent in September. Statewide, there were 619,600 employed and 28,700 unemployed in October, for a total seasonally adjusted labor force […]
- September Unemployment Rate to Be Announced Nov. 22HONOLULU — Due to the suspension of federal government services earlier this month, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has revised the release date for September 2013 employment and unemployment data The data will now be released on Nov. 22, coinciding with the release of October data. The Hawaii Department of […]
- Neighbor Islands Forecasted to Lead Job Growth Through 2020Expansion Projected at 15% on Neighbor Islands, 10.5% on Oahu HONOLULU — The Hawaii State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (DLIR) today announced the release of several publications – Employment Projections for Industries and Occupations, 2010-2020 for Honolulu MSA, Hawaii County, Maui County, and Kauai County. DLIR’s Research and Statistics Office produces the series, […]
- September Unemployment Rate Announcement DelayedHONOLULU — Due to the suspension of federal government services throughout the first half of October, the release of employment and unemployment data for September 2013 has been delayed until the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) issues a revised production schedule. The September information had been scheduled for release on Oct. […]
- Website Phishing Alert – Filing Online Unemployment ClaimsSTATE WARNS UNEMPLOYED WORKERS FILING FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS ABOUT PHISHING WEBSITES HONOLULU—The Hawaii State Department of Labor & Industrial Relations (DLIR) today issued a warning to consumers to be on the alert for unauthorized websites that appear to be trying to obtain personal information from unemployed persons seeking unemployment benefits. The websites contain the State […]
- State Awarded Grant to Assist Long-Term Unemployed WorkersTRAINING FUNDS AVAILABLE TO INCREASE OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS HONOLULU—The Hawaii State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (DLIR) today announced that the state has been awarded a $1,769,095 National Emergency Grant (NEG) to expand the service capacity of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Dislocated Worker training and employment program. The funds awarded by the U.S. Department […]
- Hawaii’s Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.3% in AugustTourism Related Jobs Increase by 4,100 Over the Year HONOLULU—The Hawaii State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (DLIR) today announced that the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for August declined to 4.3 percent from 4.5 percent in July. The last time the unemployment rate was 4.3 percent or less was in July 2008. State wide, […]