NOTE: HLRB DOES NOT HANDLE UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE CLAIMS.
PLEASE CONTACT THE UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE DIVISION FOR ALL SUCH CLAIMS.
Hawaiʻi Labor Relations Board
830 Punchbowl St., Room 434
Honolulu, HI 96813
Telephone: (808) 586-8610
Fax: (808) 586-8613
Email: [email protected]
THE MISSION OF THE HAWAIʻI LABOR RELATIONS BOARD IS TO ENFORCE AND PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF UNIONIZED PUBLIC EMPLOYEES (STATE AND COUNTY WORKERS) AND PUBLIC UNIONS TO ORGANIZE AND BARGAIN COLLECTIVELY IN BALANCE WITH THE EMPLOYER’S RIGHTS TO MANAGE OPERATIONS AS PROVIDED BY LAW AND TO FAIRLY AND EFFICIENTLY RESOLVE LABOR DISPUTES BROUGHT BEFORE IT.
THE BOARD ALSO CONDUCTS HEARINGS ON CONTESTED CITATIONS ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS, HAWAII OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH (HIOSH) DIVISION.THE BOARD IS ATTACHED TO THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS (DLIR) FOR ADMINISTRATIVE AND BUDGETARY PURPOSES ONLY.
About the Hawaii Labor Relations Board
The Board strongly recommends that all new complaints and other documents for cases before the Board be filed electronically through File & ServeXpress (FSX).
The procedure for online filing is as follows:
- Sign the Board Agreement found here: https://labor.hawaii.gov/hlrb/files/2017/04/a-HLRB-25-Board-Agreement-Rev.-4-2017-FFF2.pdf
- Email the Board Agreement to [email protected].
- The Board will reply to your email with instructions on how to create a FSX account. The login page for FSX may be found here: https://secure.fileandservexpress.com/Login/Login.aspx.
- If filing a new complaint, you may proceed to file immediately after creating your account.
If you are filing on an existing case, the Board will have to manually link your account to your case. FSX may take a few hours to show access to your case.
- Documents filed will be served on the other parties if that option is checked, but you must still include a Certificate of Service.
- If you have any further questions, please contact the board at 586-8616.