Benefits of Consultation
Who Benefits from Consultation?
An effective workplace safety and health management system at your worksite(s) will enable you to:
- Recognize and remove hazards from your workplace.
- Protect your workers from injury and illness.
- Prevent loss of life at your worksite.
- Cultivate informed and alert employees who take responsibility for their own and their coworkers ‘ safety and for worksite safety as a whole.
- Improve employee morale.
An increased understanding of workplace hazards and remedies will put your managers in a better position to:
- Comply with federal and state safety and health requirements.
- Become more effective at their jobs. Management experts believe that the company with a well-managed safety and health system enjoys better overall management.
- Increase productivity rates and assure product quality.
Your Business as a Whole
An exemplary workplace safety and health management system is “good business sense” that also makes financial sense because it will allow you to:
- Learn first-hand that the cost of accident prevention is far lower than the cost of accidents..
- Improve the bottom line by:
- Lowering injury and illness rates,
- Decreasing workers’ compensation costs,
- Reducing lost workdays, and
- Limiting equipment damage and product losses.
And if you are a small employer, you may be eligible for another great benefit – recognition by the state and OSHA through participation in the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP).