WDD Services: Pathway to Recovery
Where will you be when Hawaii reopens to a new and ever-evolving economy?
Get job-ready and prepare for your future with jobseeker services provided by the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations’ Workforce Development Division (WDD). WDD in coordination with partnering agencies (such as the Department of Human Services (DHS), Department of Education (DOE), University of Hawaii Community Colleges, State Workforce Development Council, Local County Municipals, and various Business Associations, Labor Organizations, and Community-based Organizations) provides a one-stop shop of employment and training services for jobseekers.
Services we offer to jobseekers include:
- Job Search Assistance and Workshops to help you find and keep a job
- Resume Preparation and Interview Skills Workshops
- Career Guidance and Labor Market Information Services to identify transferrable skills for career opportunities and advancement
- Job referral and placement services to link qualified job seekers with employers.
- Referral to Education and Training Opportunities and other services
- Employment and Training opportunities for workers interested in improving their employability by upgrading their basic skills or training for a new occupation.
Apprenticeships are long-term training programs that allow job seekers to learn specialized skills for various trades. There are 67 apprenticeship programs available in Hawai’i that represent a wide variety of occupations. After completing training, an apprentice becomes a journeyworker and can earn a substantially higher salary as well as pursue career goals of becoming an apprentice supervisor, contractor, or even set up their own business.
Benefits of Apprenticeships
- Earn while you learn
- Learn from highly-trained and skilled trades workers
- Reduce risk of injury through proper on the job training
- Receive a “Certificate of Completion” and/or National Occupational Credentials upon satisfactory program completion
- Receive periodic pay increases for skills gained
- Receive substantially higher wages upon program completion
- Ability to access healthcare, retirement, and other benefits
Prepare for your future now by registering on our job search website or by making an appointment with one of the Job Center Sites listed below: