OCS assists Hawaii’s low-income, immigrant and refugee populations to overcome and alleviate workforce barriers to economic self-sufficiency through an array of community-based programs and services. OCS primarily contracts and administers program services on behalf of the State and Federal governments. OCS allocates funds using a competitive purchase of services process unless the funding source authority directs award to a specific organization(s).
Grants-in-Aid (GIAs) included in the 2016 Budget
The Budget for Fiscal Year 2016 (Act 119, Session Laws of Hawaii 2015) designated DLIR/OCS as the Expending Agency for five (5) Capital and ten (10) Operating GIAs, valued at more than $2.5 million:
For more information about GIAs, click here.
Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) State Plan for FFY 2016 & 2017
The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) State Plan for FFY 2016 and 2017 has been updated for submission to the US DHHS by September 2015.
- For information about the Public and Legislative Hearing on July 23, 2015: link
- To review a copy of the draft CSBG State Plan for FFY 2016 & 2017: CSBG State Plan as of 2015 07 10
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) State Plan for Program Year 2016
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) State Plan for Program Year 2015 has been drafted for submission to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- For information about the Public Hearing on September 8, 2016:
- To review a copy of the draft WAP State Plan for Program Year 2016: WAP State Plan to be updated shorly
Information on Hawaii Handbook for Immigrants is available: Click here
The Immigrant Resource Centers are now open and can help you with information on services and resources for immigrants and migrants.
Hilo at Catholic Charities
Kalihi at KPT Family Center
Ewa Beach at Child and Family Service
Kapaa, Kauai at Child and Family Service
CSBG State Plan and Application FY 2015-2016
- Hawaii Office of Community Services State Plan and Application for Community Services Block Grants for Federal FY 2015/2016
- Hawaii Community Action Agencies’ Community Action Plans and Community Needs Assessments
- Honolulu Community Action Program – HCAP
- Hawaii County Economic Opportunity Council – HCEOC
- Maui Economic Opportunity- MEO
- Kauai Economic Opportunity – KEO