OCS assists Hawaii’s low-income, immigrant and refugee populations to overcome and alleviate workforce barriers to economic self-sufficiency through an array of community-based programs and services. OCS primarily contracts and administers program services on behalf of the State and Federal governments. OCS allocates funds using a competitive purchase of services process unless the funding source authority directs award to a specific organization(s).
Request for Information: Purchase of Service Contracts for State Fiscal Years 2018 and 2019
OCS has posted Requests for Information (RFIs) for services to be provided for four (4) program in State Fiscal Years 2018 and 2019:
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
- Employment Core Services for Low Income Persons
- Employment Core Services for Immigrants
- Immigrant Resource Centers
Responses for all RFIs are requested by February 17, 2017.
Grants-in-Aid (GIAs) included in the 2017 Budget
The Budget for Fiscal Year 2017 (Act 124, Session Laws of Hawaii 2016) designated DLIR/OCS (LBR 903) as the Expending Agency for fifteen (15) Capital Improvement Project and ten (10) Operating GIAs, valued at more than $29 million. For more information about GIAs, click here.
Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) State Plan for FFY 2016 & 2017
The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) State Plan for FFY 2016 and 2017 has been updated for submission to the US DHHS by September 2015.
- For information about the Public and Legislative Hearing on July 23, 2015: link
- To review a copy of the draft CSBG State Plan for FFY 2016 & 2017: CSBG State Plan as of 2015 07 10
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) State Plan for Program Year 2016
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) State Plan for Program Year 2015 has been drafted for submission to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- For information about the Public Hearing on September 8, 2016: WAP State Plane Hearing
- When: Thursday, 10:00am – 12:00pm Hawaiian Standard Time
- Click the link to join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone – https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/941162781
- You can also dial in using your phone.
- Contact Information: United States +1 (571) 317-3112
- Access Code: 941-162-781
- First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready
- To review a copy of the draft WAP State Plan for Program Year 2016: WAP State Plan as of 2016 09 02
Information on Hawaii Handbook for Immigrants is available: Click here
The Immigrant Resource Centers are now open and can help you with information on services and resources for immigrants and migrants.
Hilo at Catholic Charities
Kalihi at KPT Family Center
Ewa Beach at Child and Family Service
Kapaa, Kauai at Child and Family Service
CSBG State Plan and Application FY 2015-2016
- Hawaii Office of Community Services State Plan and Application for Community Services Block Grants for Federal FY 2015/2016
- Hawaii Community Action Agencies’ Community Action Plans and Community Needs Assessments
- Honolulu Community Action Program – HCAP
- Hawaii County Economic Opportunity Council – HCEOC
- Maui Economic Opportunity- MEO
- Kauai Economic Opportunity – KEO